February 10, 2008

Sock poetry

stripes
(I've made a stab at translating the verse over at The House of Wool Repute)

Sweet, huh... I've been reading a lot of Andrè Bjerke to Marie lately. This is from my own copy of Moro Vers, that I got when I was 5 years old. There is a lot of fun stuff in there.

My Madder ribbes socks are done. My first time working with Lorna's Laces. I really like these. I'm curious as to how the LL will wear with time.

Madder ribbed socks

I've knit very few toe-up socks. I prefer top-down for socks as well as a lot of other things. After knitting these socks I still have a lot of yarn left over. 47 grams to be precise. I'm seriously thinking about starting to knit all my socks with a provisional cast on and going straight into the pattern, skipping the ribbing. Then when the toe is closed I can go back and knit the ribbing upwards until the yarn is out. There are just too much sock yarn leftovers in my oddball box! I think this particular Lorna's will have to be paired with some other nice yarn to become a Surprice Jacket.

Coming soon to this blog: Cotton stuff!

white tea raglan bunny ears

3 comments:

Bezzie said...

The pictures won't load for me! :-(

Theresa said...

I find that my Lorna's Laces socks have worn very well for 5 years now. Enjoy!

kaos said...

That is a good idea, especially for expensive or extra beautiful yarn. I have a box I throw all leftovers and one-skeins I know I never will use into, and when it is full I give it to a kindergarden.

Don't worry about how long socks wear, I have a darning needle and a wooden "mushroom" from my grandmother so that I can repair socks, but why? It is so much more fun to make new ones! I have had my alpaca lace socks for two years now, and have started to wait for them to tear - I want a new pair!