While I'm waiting for the opportunity to show you Monica I'm knitting on the baby stuff in my WIP basket. One of my cousins is now four days past her due date, and the cardigan I'm knitting for her baby is missing a sleeve and the right front. I have not been paying enough attention to that cardigan. It's just a small piece of knitting, and should have been done a long time ago. But it's also what seems like an endless garter stitch project and I think thats just killing my will to finish it. So I've been paying attention to Trellis instead. And that is so much more fun to knit. No garter stitch at all. The sleeves are done and I started the back last night.
Message to self:
FINISH THIS! (and if recipient turns out to be a little girl, make these to match)
And then there are the projects I want to knit, but am a bit hesitant to start:
- Cute, naval top in Brilla, but how on earth does it stay up?
- Grace, but I'm afraid it will be too itchy in the summer heat (thoug I do intend it to be something to keep the evening chill away) and how on earth will it stand up to constant washing and not so much blocking.
- Green tea raglan from Spring 2007 Interweave Knits, is already swatched but then I read somewhere that the fit is not great. The arms are too tight and the body a bit short (I know how to fix that). I'm also trying to do some math and thinking on this pattern to convert it to knitting in the round with added fake seams. And the seed stitch is going to bore me silly!
- Summertime tunic(pdf) from the present issue of IK... Am I oddly drawn to boring projects?
- Then this months socktopia socks. Stripey socks for me would be neat, but a quick glance in my WIP basket and my leftover sock yarn box tells me this month is going to be stripey baby socks month. Hopefully lots of them.