January 22, 2008

I've been inspired

This mornings coffee break blog hopping lead me to some very beautiful things

Grumperinas pretty mitered square blanket.
Awsome blanket in gorgeous colours. Squares knit corner to corner.
And Karen made a very, very, very pretty quilt!

That star shape really speaks to me! I totally don't get why, but it does. And those garter stitch squares are so sweet! And the colours in Grumpys blanket... Yum!
I spent my lunch break in my office all alone, drawing and colouring blocks and triangles. With what I had at hand; a calligraphy pen, pink and green neon markers. (I also tried to do a very small bit of math.)
Now, I want to chuck all my works already in progress into the back of my closet and just knit pretty squares! Help!

This is not good. Every time I start anything garter stitch, I have a world of fun. Then I reach the half way point and want to suffocate myself with the yarn instead of knitting more garter!
I'm armed with a gift certificate to Mauds Garn today. I'm going there before I take my Tuscany shawl to S'n'B. Hopefully there will be something there to take my mind off this garter stitch blanket idea!

IN MY MIND THIS IS THE PRETTIEST KNIT BLANKET EVER!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Glad to inspire. :)

Batty said...

I love blankets. Yay for blankie inspiration!