December 17, 2007

Mr. Postman

Please do your best to get these socks to Trondheim before the holidays!

Phew! I managed to finish the socks from my previous post/rant today. I'm mailing them tomorrow and will cross my fingers very hard hoping that they make it to my cousin before the 24th.

Sister socks

The pink ones are for a 1 year old girl. Knit from Sandnes Lanett using 2.25mm needles. The pattern is from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush.
The red one is for the 3 year old big sister. Using the same stitch pattern but thicker yarn and 2.75mm needles. I only cast on 40 stitches. I also did short row heel and toes, after trying a "normal" heel first ending up with a sock that fit my 5 year old and frogging a whole lot!

I'm happy about both pairs. I am also sure of one thing: 2008 is not going to be year of the sock for me. Hats and mittens maybe? And I'm hoping to squeeze in the odd sweater!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Very pretty socks! I hope they arrive on time.

Happy sweater knitting in 2008...

Bezzie said...

They're gorgeous! And I'm just saying sometimes getting presents after the holidays is soooo cool!