October 27, 2008

Baby steps, big baby steps

I thought baby steps were small and took a long time... I never imagined that in under two weeks after picking up a hook properly for the first time I would have two very nice finished objects. Seems like when I start hooking* something I just keep going until I'm done. That's why I have two big(ish) finished objects in just over a week.

First there was a blanket:

Crochet blanket

The last time I blogged that thing was just a small strip under all the other squares. It is now a very hairy and well loved tv-watching-on-saturday-mornings blanket for M.

Then I immidiately started a hat.

Crochet beanie

It's the Anarchy Irony hat from Happy Hooker. Also very well received by M.

Petter must have tried it on in secret, because he told me last night it fit him perfectly and he wants one too. "Hopefully in another yarn and colour" was my only response. Off course I'll make him a hat if he asks me to! After all he stayed home and washed all the windows while M and I were out snapping pictures of the beanie and enjoyed ourselves.

I've heard last night that two of my cousins are expecting in April and May. Already; one crochet baby hat in the making.

OMG, I cant stop!

(*somehow the c-word and I don't mix well. I don't like pronouncing it and typin it always comes out as crotch first)

1 comment:

Bezzie said...

That blanket looks divine--so snuggly!