August 14, 2008

Linen and lace?

I know I absolutely love to look at linen in it's natural form.

Hälsingland

I've now set myself up to find out if I'll love knitting with linen equally much.

Blue lace weight linenWhite lace weight linen

I'm thinking of knitting a shawl with the blue and a curtain with the white.
I've had a stab at knitting with DK weight linen before, and did not enjoy it much. I hope this is better. Or I'll just have to learn to weave or crochet...




I've spent hours today searching for some buttons to finish a BSJ. I saw them just before I went on vacation and now they're nowhere to be found. I need them right now! More on that another day. Button search continues, BSJ is being handed over tomorrow...

3 comments:

Bezzie said...

Ooo..a curtain would be gorgeous.

I had the opposite problem--I found a beautiful set of buttons for a sweater I NEED to cast on!

Strikkelise said...

Why not try and grow some flax in your garden?
I too love linen in any form. Sadly I don't love knitting with it.

Anonymous said...

Lekker lintråd. Jeg har akkurat strikket en prøvelapp med lin. En tråd lin to tråder merino/acryl. Alle trådene i Lace. Det ble en helt nydelig struktur. Garnet med acryl i blir brukt til prøvelapp. Hvis det blir strikket noe skal jeg bruke ren merino.