Just finished this little thing for some friends who are having a baby any day now.
I have not put buttons on yet, as I thought I'd do pink for a girl or blue for a boy on that small detail.
The pattern is from Garnstudio.
I've used superwash wool from the stash instead of the called for Angora Tweed (I don't much like knitting with that anyway, the angora goes up my nose). I also converted the pattern to be knit in the round, to avoid purling and seaming, and used kitchener stitch for the assembled shoulder instead of sewing up bound off stitches. I used fake seams down the sides just to see if I liked doing that and how it looks.
I'm pleased with it!
I've also finished the back of a baby jacket in size 3-6 months the past week, and just started the two fronts at once. I'm using Silke Tweed in off-white for this one, to make it a little less warm. It's for a baby due in June, so it will hopefully be just right for autumn.
I've been assinged my Knittyboard Sock Swap pal; reluctantMANGO. I really enjoy her blog, have done for some time, so it will be nice getting in contact with her.
And I'm still pondering on wether I should try to complete two pairs of socks for Socktopia this month, or just the one pair that 50% done.