March 14, 2010

Linen

From this

Hälsingland

Through this

"Mom, why are you knitting with sewing tread?"

And into this

Garter stitch linen stole with beaded edge

Garter stitch linen stole with beaded edge

Tough one of the most boring projects I've ever knit, I'm absolutely in love with the finished object. I've worn it several times already, even though it's still wool weather. The linen keeps me warm enough, while it still feels cool to the skin.
The white edgeing is a variation on the garter belt I knit last summer. The only difference is adding beads instead of "nupps" to the point of the triangles. It was fiddly and took some time, and I admit I spilled beads all over the sofa a couple of times. But the beads add so much to this stole and I'm very glad I added them.

Needless to say, I think this is a winner and something I'll cherish for years to come.

I love it THIS MUCH!

Garter stitch linen stole with beaded edge

(Ravelry link)

9 comments:

Iryl said...

For et nydelig sjal!

Guro said...

Nydelig!

Og ja, det ser ut som en pirkearbeid av dimensjoner. Jeg grøsser ennå når jeg tenker på en tilsvarende jobb fra i fjor sommer. Resultatet ble nydelig, men jobben gjør jeg neppe igjen med det første.

MissLucy said...

vakkert!

Bonnie said...

Oh yes, it's a winner! Very beautiful.

Monstermønster said...

Ooooh! for en jobb, og for et flott resultat! Nydelig!

Bezzie said...

Gorgeous!!!

Moan said...

Helt utrolig vakkert!
Hvor mye garn ble brukt?
Det er så lekkert at det fort kan havne på ønskelisten min...!

Fuglemamma said...

Et nydelig sjal, og en veldig fin blogg! Takk for titten.

mono said...

Rett og slett nydelig! Også så kult med bilderekken! =)