December 16, 2009

In the mail

Today was the "deadline" to get holiday presents in the mail in Norway. I am lucky enough to be able to hand deliver most of my presents this year, but I still managed to send a few things off.

Snug x 2
(Ravelry link)

Two Snugs. Going to two different parts of the country, for two little girls born this fall and bearing the same name.
I really liked knitting these hoodies, and I think they look super cute. I do wonder what they'll look like with a baby inside though. I hope one of the moms will send me a picture.

Ishbel for auntie
(Ravelry link)

And an Ishbel. For my favourite aunt. She turned sixty in January and this is her very late birthday present. I love how it turned out and I just know she will too! I've gotten some responses on Flickr that I should keep this for myself. But I have plenty of Rowan yarn in an even prettier blue for me, for a sweater, and plenty of other nice blue yarns for more shawls for me too. This is definately an auntie shawl.

I'm quickly working on my final knitted holiday gift for my brother. Then I'm all done with gift knitting for a while and will spend the holidays and beginning of 2010 knitting for ME! ME! ME! (or at least I hope so).

6 comments:

Kaye said...

Because that color matches your eyes so well! But hey, it makes a great 60/61 present!

Bonnie said...

Your snugs and the Ishbel are beautiful gifts. I'm looking forward to all of your 2010 knitting!

Moan said...

Beautiful hoodies!
Maybe I'll make one for a friends (unborn) baby!

Anonymous said...

Jakkene er nydelige! De er sikkert kjempemyke i Alfa. Jeg kjenner en nesten uimotståelig trang til å strikke babyjakke nå :)

Monstermønster said...

Lekkert, lekkert! og ææææh, måtte du friste med sånne kule jakker?

Batty said...

Go, go, go! You can finish that last gift, and then, you start on knitting for yourself. You're almost there.